Sunday, February 15, 2009



Silence does good to the
soul.
--- St. Therese

I tried living a solitary life these past few weeks. At first I liked it, having no trouble thinking what others may say or do. As long as I am living without hurting others along the way.... until VOILA! It's Valentine's day! I thwarted my beliefs and opened my communications with my colleagues and old pals.

I have no romantic date on Valentine's but I attended a party, not a particular rave one--- but a party that elevated my low spirits being single nonetheless. At this point, I realized the saying (what I considered then as cliché)-- NO MAN IS AN ISLAND!

And now I have different approach to have a smooth sailing life -- enjoy a minute of two of silence. Not only will it empties my mind from worries and unpleasant thoughts but regenerates my soul as well. I could see life in other perspective.



No comments: