
Last night I watched a very good movie - Parenthood. I can't imagine how come I haven't seen this film before - being a movie buff that I am. I really loved grandma's dialogue about roller coaster:
"You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster. ---"
"Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!---"
"I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it."
Well, her grandson (played by Steve Martin) did not get it at first--- I, on the contrary nodded to agree with her. Probably because I am on a roller coaster right now.
- I am frightened that I am slowly lossing some of my friends. But I rather let them slip off my life than to forever have to check on my actions in fear that I may do them wrong. I don't think they are really offering friendship - as I strongly believe that the people you should be most confortable with are your friends. Be it good or bad side- true friends accept who you are. I have no room for people who offer friendship at first and let you fly on your own when they think that they can't bend them to whatever they would like you to be.
- I'm so scared to take another step, career wise. I am hesitant to leave my work, I always find wrong to whatever opportunities that come my way. I don't want a grave-yard shift, the salary too low, I have a negative feeling of the immediate superior who interviewed me --- always, always with side comment.
- I am so sick with my current work. I am making the silent treatment to my colleagues in the hope that I would estranged everybody and will make my leaving a little easier.
- I am excited being a loner these days. I was never been a loner in my life but these past few days. I kinda love the solitary life I am creating.
- I am so thrilled with what my life would turn out in the next few years. I am currently processing my migration application to Australia and I love the feeling of uncertainty, clinging only to the hopes in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment